Being a survivor of many things from gastroschisis, rape, being molested at a young age, religious trauma, childhood abuse…. I can tell you stress disorders is a hellish bitch. But I cannot speak for all survivors. There are levels of this hell on Earth that are so dark and deep that it is seemingly impossible to help those people get out … til now. Now that more of the stigma is broken, we are beginning to understand what happens to the body when a traumatic event occurs to a living being and what we can do to not only prevent it, but reverse it. Recent research points to the adrenal glands and the nervous system. The two major components that are often triggered when stress induced situations occur. Refueling and focusing on healing these systems can deplenish the adverse affects of PTSD and create a stronger more aware human being. As they say, what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger. Consulting with healthcare professionals can help you on your healing path. Some things that they may suggest are:
- Flushing the adrenals glands with a good Vitamin B complex.
- Cardio exercises to balance out the serotonin and dopamine chemicals in the brain.
- A diet that fits your needs to create equilibruim in the body
- Creating harmony and balance in the home to help calm the mind with a safe, comforting place.
- Most PTSD sufferers can benefit from Lithium Orotate, a natural mineral first found in the natural hot springs in northern Europe, that help reverse the craving for mass consumption of alcohol, and create more circulation and repair for congnitive thinking.
- REM Sleep & Therapy also helps with circulating that part of the brain, helping to reconnect to emotions and releasing trapped feelings.
- Friendly Support is also helpful, being around people who understand you and to give you what you need .
- Understanding your triggers, asking yourself is it good? Is it true? And try to only believe in what’s good and what’s true to help create an imprint to prevent an episode as much as possible.
- Forgive. There is a logical explaination for everything. The more you can forgive and understand the fault is with no one, then the more we can see clearly to find solutions and fix the issue at hand.
I hope this little blog piece gave you some peace as it did for me, and may you find health, happiness, and love on your path and remember for more help and health, consult in your incredible therapists and healthcare providers and make an appointment with them today.
Cortney ❁ Daughter of a war veteran.